The Order: 1886 (PlayStation 4)
Role: Technical Art Generalist (Tools/Engine Team)
Studio: Ready at Dawn Studios // Irvine, CA
Status: Released February 2015
Core Tech: Ready at Dawn Engine
- Developed tools and assisted with engine features for a proprietary engine.
- Worked directly with the Technical and Art Directors to improve tools & workflows throughout the studio.
- Contributed to tools for Scripting, World Building, Design, Cinematics, Materials, Audio, and Localization.
- Wrote and maintained Lighting and Environment Art tools, scripts, and plugins in Maya and Photoshop.
- Worked with a small group to setup a distributed GI Baking workflow for lighting artists.
- Responsible for tools to profile direct memory usage and get the game in memory on the PS4.
Fabled Fortress (iOS, Android, PC, Mac)
- Contributed to writing game logic, shaders, and tools.
- Developed a workflow (including custom tools) to create optimized, stylized, terrains and worlds.
- Optimized art pipeline for iOS and Android devices.
- Implemented “Spell Casting”, “Popularity”, “Farming”, and “Defensive Wall” gameplay mechanics.
A few projects I made minor contributions to as a contractor or just for fun.
Modeled and textured 3D buildings for the NSF funded project.
Wrote a CgFX pre-viz shader for Maya and python scripts for specialized FBX exporting from Maya.